College to open up Children’s University to all
Monday, 2 July, 2012Children’s UniversityPress Release
Young children from across the District are being urged to take part in an exciting new venture which is already benefitting the learning needs of over 2000 children. Wakefield Childrens’ University, spearheaded by Wakefield College in conjunction with a number of partners, is part of a national organisation aimed at providing exciting out-of-school activities for 5 -14 year olds. Bosses at the College are now offering schoolchildren the opportunity to directly join the exciting new scheme.
College Assistant Principal, Jo Simister said: “The Wakefield Children’s University is gathering momentum all the time and the number of schools that have supported the project by becoming members has been brilliant. Similarly, word is spreading amongst learning destinations with the numbers expressing an interest joining the scheme increasing all the time.
“More and more young people are accessing out of school activities and collecting their stamps for their learning hours – not only do children learn new things but all activities help to develop self-esteem, interpersonal skills and confidence. We are keen to be inclusive and offer parents the opportunity to enable their children to become members even if their school is not yet involved.”
The initiative, which started earlier this year, has been a resounding success with more than 18 schools signed up across the District. Children’s University works by children owning a ‘Passport to Learning’ and collecting stamps for each hour of participation from validated ‘Learning Destinations’. Learning Destinations signed up to the Wakefield Scheme include The Hepworth Gallery, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats, Wakefield Theatre Royal and The National Coalmining Museum.
CONTACT: For more information email email@example.com, or telephone 01924 789789.
DATE: 2 July, 2012
- Another sports star makes the step up to professional league Monday, 27 March, 2017
- Wakefield College students go on an expedition… Tuesday, 21 March, 2017
- Olympic level training for College swimmer Thomas Wednesday, 15 March, 2017
- Performing Arts students get a masterclass from West End star… Tuesday, 14 March, 2017
- Students get a taste of construction Monday, 13 March, 2017
- Wakefield College celebrates Apprentice success… Wednesday, 08 March, 2017
- Apprentice Awards 2017 Monday, 06 March, 2017
- ASIC Walkthrough Thursday, 02 March, 2017
- ASIC Building Construction Time-lapse Wednesday, 01 March, 2017
- College work placement team on a mission… Monday, 20 February, 2017