The Waterton Building & Mechanics’ Theatre
In 2012 the College was delighted to acquire the Grade 2 listed Wakefield Museum building, which was built in 1823, to develop into a Performing Arts Centre. Situated only a little over 300 metres from the Wakefield City Campus, the Waterton Building includes as its centre-piece the 160 seat Mechanics’ Theatre, named in honour of one of the building’s previous uses. The centre also includes drama and dance studios, spacious rehearsal rooms and backstage workshops.
The Waterton Building
Switchboard: 01924 789789
Campus Office: 01924 789225
Open in Google Maps
Download PDF Map & Travel Guide
From M1 Northbound
- Leave the M1 at Junction 39 and join the A636 towards Wakefield.
- Turn left at the third roundabout and pass around the one way system following signs for the town centre and Westgate Railway Station.
- After passing Westgate Railway Station turn left at the second set of traffic lights onto Wood Street.
- The Waterton Building is then 100m on the left.
From M1 Southbound
- Leave the M1 at junction 41 and join the A650 towards Wakefield.
- Continue over three roundabouts onto the A61 for a short distance before rejoining the A650 for the town centre.
- The Wakefield City Campus is then on the right hand side.
5 minute walk from Westgate station.
10 minute walk from Kirkgate station.