This statement covers the College’s website at www.wakefield.ac.uk.
This website is run by Wakefield College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use the public website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some videos do not have captions
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some pages have poor colour contrast
- we use Issuu.com to publish prospectuses and brochures online, some documents maybe not be fully accessible
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Adaptations of Materials - email AdapMat@wakefield.ac.uk or telephone 01924 789155
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: Dean Yoxall, Webmaster, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a Minicom service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our receptions have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Wakefield College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. By October 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was and is currently being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally.
We used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 17 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 September 2020.
Policies & Procedures
- Corporate Policies & Procedures
- Student Policies & Procedures
- Higher Education Policies & Procedures
- Higher Education Office for Students
- Equality & Diversity
- Staff Unions
- Privacy Notice
- Privacy Notice - Wakefield College Students
- Privacy Notice - Wakefield College Staff
- Privacy Notice - Wakefield College Governors
- Privacy Notice - Sale and Return of Tickets