Wakefield College - Donna

Case Studies

Donna

HND Dance
Previous to this course, dancing had just been a hobby; I’m now in my second year of the HND and it’s fantastic.
Photo of
What Donna had to say...

“Previous to this course, dancing had just been a hobby; I’m now in my second year of the HND and it’s fantastic. I’ve learnt so much from it; being able to go and work in workshops with professional companies and perform at the theatre at Wakefield College is fantastic.

“My future plan is to be a choreographer out in the community and support people who really want to get involved with and be a part of dance. This course has allowed me to lead and build workshops with schools in Wakefield; the reputation and the relationship that Wakefield College has with local schools really supports the students on this course.

“We’ve been involved with a workshop with one of the choreographers from Beauty & the Beast where we’ve been shown work that they’ve included in the show and then we’ve had the chance to work on it. To have the privilege to be involved with production like that is really good; you don’t find a lot of places that can give those opportunities to their students, it’s fantastic!

Facilities
“Having access to the library as well as online support has meant I’ve really been able to support myself when we haven’t had tutorials. The time is there and the tutors are there, but you’ve also got that self-study time with available resources to be able to support yourself as well.

Tutor support
“One of the main positive aspects of the course is the tutor support and the time you get with them. I gave up a good job to come and be a student, which was a risk for me. I haven’t been a student for years, so to know that the tutors are there to support someone that’s not been used to working alone in this environment has been a real help for me.”

About Donna

Donna studied the HND in Dance.

Studied Here:

2013