Wakefield College - Scott

Case Studies

Scott

Certificate in Motor Vehicle Studies
I love the fact that it’s hand on and practical. It’s a great atmosphere down in the workshops and the course is great for developing your skills and building up your independence.
Photo of
What Scott had to say...

Why did you pick the course?
I’ve always had a passion for cars because we’ve always had them in our family. I’m following in my old man’s footsteps.

What do you enjoy the most about the course?
Everything. I love the fact that it’s hand on and practical. It’s a great atmosphere down in the workshops and the course is great for developing your skills and building up your independence.

How come you won the Student of the Year award for Automotive?
The reason I won the award was because of my overall progression from first year to third. In my first year, I didn’t perform too well and when I realised this I really got my head down andwdwstuck in to it in the second year. I passed 11 unit exams in one year, retaking some that I failed in the first year. I’m now doing great in my third year and I’m due to complete the course in June.

What are your plans for the future?
My plan is to finish in June and get in to full time work so that I can provide for my step son. I’d like to work in a garage or possibly set up my own business but I’m just keeping my options open.

About Scott

Scott studied an Automotive course at Wakefield College.

Studied Here:

2019