We can help and support you to gain qualifications in English and Maths, whatever stage you’re at. GCSEs and Skills for Life qualifications are nationally recognised and achieving them can open doors to different courses and careers.
About the Maths and English Courses for Adults
Qualifications like these don’t just help you in everyday life, the knowledge and skills you gain can help you tackle tasks at work, apply for a wider range of jobs, and progress to study higher level courses.
Studying English can improve your communication skills, which in turn can help you write emails and fill out job applications. A qualification in Maths can give you the practical knowledge to complete calculations when you’re out shopping and with working out your bills.
Even if you already have the skills you feel you need, but you don’t have a qualification to prove it, your skills could be easily overlooked when searching for jobs or trying for a promotion. Achieving a qualification is a simple way to make sure your skills meet a national standard and ensure you can meet common job application requirements.
We also offer GCSE Biology which you may need to get a place on some higher education courses.
- Classes are with other adults and are informal and friendly
- Courses are flexible and can fit around your current commitments
- Held throughout the year, either during the day or evening
- Taught at Wakefield City Campus, Castleford Campus, and in some community locations
- The course and qualification are free if you don’t already have a GCSE grade A* - C